Hey, I'm Chuckz Okoye
FullStack Software Engineer from Nigeria
As a professional software developer, I create amazing scalable web applications app to make the internet a better place. I am an advocate for a decentralized internet, with major interest in the FinTech and DeFi space. Enthusiast with experience in production level technologies.
When I am not writing code I love to spend time with my family and friends in Lagos. I hang around a couple of DAOs on Discord and actively contribute to the MoonShot Collective work-stream of GitcoinDAO and I love to read fiction and non-fiction books, watch sci-fi movies and play games on my playstation console.
Podcasts I enjoy
Software DeveloperMar 2021 — present
- Integrating with third-party services and external APIs as part of the implementation of specifications from the product team.
- Identification and implementation of the crucial code improvements for both legacy and newly added systems.
- Performing unit & load testing for the data-intensive backend application applying knowledge of pytest and unittest thereby maintaining code coverage of 100%
- Working closely with the product team on scope of future projects and innovations.
- Developing, design and implementation of the new API endpoint as a part of integrations requirement for the mobile application.
Software DeveloperJan 2020 — Mar 2021
- Providing clear documentation and technical support to the end users of each site
- Managing the client correspondence, including leading discussions to frame functional and aesthetic needs and preferences specific to each project.
- Worked with various companies and helped them achieve development goals. Played essential roles in the development of high-end web applications using PHP.
Software DeveloperOct 2018 — Jan 2020
- Handling full-stack programming tasks for the development of an eCommerce application using Opencart Framework.
- Developing new and customization of the existing features for internal applications.
- Full Stack development of the website for a hotel.
- Documenting solution architecture for developed applications.
- Participating in peer code reviews for the critical external web app ensuring compliance with the company coding standards.
- Providing technical assistance for the developer team members related to the mission-critical internal web application.
- Developing, design and implementation of the new API endpoints as a part of an eCommerce mobile application.
I am mostly self-taught, but here are some of the most relevant certifications I have achieved:
Computer ScienceJul 2018
Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Course Contents: Computer Science, Data Structures and Algorithms